Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Christmas Shooters

So in talking to someone today about the horrors of the mall I began reminiscing about Christmas shopping with my dad. Christmas time is excruciating for him and very entertaining for us when we drag him to the mall. If only they served alcohol there we wouldn't have a problem. I think the large department stores should have the little shot girls running around during the holiday season. You could even theme the shots to make it more festive. And for the snooty women you could have spiked hot coffee and cider drinks. I really think I may take this idea to Dillard's and Belk. Not only would it be extra revenue but the clientele would be so much friendlier and more easily persuaded to buy things. When I was younger my dad used to designate one evening when he would take my little brother and I to the mall to do all of our Christmas shopping at once, this was usually 3 days before Christmas. And he would always get my mom a nice piece of jewelry and something from Victoria's Secret. Now here's the funny part, my dad gets embarrassed about sex and all things associated with it, he even changes the channel when a tampon commercial comes on. So he would make my brother and I sit outside of Victoria's Secret while he went in and found a sales girl about the size of my mom and bought some lingerie. It was always a very embarrassing and secretive thing for him. However, as soon as we got home he'd give me all of the gifts to wrap, including the lingerie!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

Funny stuff. Lucky for him, he can order all that stuff & almost anything on line & never go to the mall again. I haven't been to the mall in years now thanks to the internet. I can find way cool stuff from all around the world & have it shipped right to me or to them if they are back in NY, etc. The gifts are way better, and I can stay at home. It does require more than a 3 day head start though. When I did mall it, I was there right around the 23rd.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm envisioning some hilarious scenarious with your father trying to order stuff online.

I think it's a great idea, except that ordinarily beligerant customers will become even more so. The people who work there must be drunk too.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Yeah, Alistair ordering things on line - that's not how he rolls!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home