Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Progressive Insurance Truck

So, there I was, 8:30 a.m. at the Caruso Car Dealership ready to pick up the Durango after a month of repair work. Today was going to be a good day, I was supposed to get my truck back from the accident I was in a month ago. So I pranced in there with my $3,500.00 check from my insurance company ready to turn the rent-a-car in and what happens???? DENIED. Apparently, Katie, my friendly Progressive rep (the guy who hit me has Progressive insurance) just forgot to mail my deductible to my insurance company when she said she did a month ago. Oops, that's $250.00 the dealership needs on the spot to release my car! Can you say, "Oh Hell No!" For those of you who don't know me very well - I don't take kindly to poor customer service and these types of little goof ups. After apologizing to the dealership and informing them it would be handled within 24 hours I set out on my mission. Sitting in front of the dealership on my cell, mind you I don't have any daytime minutes, cause for even more irritation, I call Progressive. Oh, how surprising, Katie is on vacation until April 6th, how nice for her. So a poor unfortunate guy now has to deal with me. He is a smart one however and has Katie's boss call me back immediately. Poor, poor little Katie, she may not want to come back from vacation!

So, Katie's boss Amy calls me, "How are you doing today Miss Welch?" Are you freaking kidding me????? "Well not to good, actually I'm pretty frustrated right now." Amy apologizes and informs me she has the check and Katie must have forgotten to mail it out. So she said she could drop it in the mail to me today. Once again, "Oh Hell No!" I proceeded to tell Amy that when the accident happened the happy little Progressive truck was right there within minutes to make sure their asses were covered and therefore I expect the same response in this matter. However, the trucks had already been dispatched for the day so that wasn't possible. So, bottom line, Amy will be personally delivering the check to my house before 3:00 today! Thanks Amy for your understanding and commitment to my personal customer satisfaction - I am still going to sue your ass off!

3 Comments:

Blogger begins with v said...

oh girl...don't even get me started with insurance companies...I was hit by a car in November while walking across the street...the guy driving decided he was going to avoid the speedbump and came onto the walking area where I happened to be...his insurance is making me fill out all of this stupid paper work--asking me for MY car insurance policy number!!!??? WTF? My car wasn't even a part of this, but my body sure as hell was! Then they told me I had to take this special form to a doctor to fill out for me...I went to the doctor who proceeded to tell me he didn't have time to fill it out--these things are just bullshit and so frustrating!!! That is awesome that she actually brought the check to you!!! way 2 go!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I can't stand is the fact that in both of these cases, the person doing all the friggin' work is the person who was NOT at fault. The companies are so worried about covering their own ass that they forget who they're really trying to protect out there. They leave you to try to figure this crap out because they know it'll take a long time and/or be really inconvenient--hey, who cares, just as long as the insurance company doesn't have to go out of their way to do what they're supposed be doing!!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Dear imstupid or should I say Scooter?
Back off man - I had to listen to your ass whine all week about your crazy life!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home