Wednesday, June 29, 2005

My Wedding

In case some of you didn't know, I am a wedding planner/event coordinator. Well twice in the last week I have had a nightmare about my own wedding - crazy because I don't even have a boyfriend! And when I say nightmare I do mean it, I wake up totally nauseous and stressed out, imagine that. In the first dream I am marrying my boyfriend from 5 years ago, who I haven't even talked to in 3 years. In the dream we didn't even officially get back together we just were getting married and right back in the good times. In the second dream I'm not even sure who I was marrying. The common theme in these dreams is my lack of preparedness. I forget to order the flowers, centerpieces, the food, send out all the invites, etc. Not only that but I always seem to run out of time on the wedding day and I don't have time to shower or do my hair or something. This is very bizarre for me - I am a planner, very organized and detail oriented. These dreams stick with me throughout the entire day too. I can't figure out what all of this means but it freaks me out. Maybe I'm running out of time to meet the right guy!!! Or maybe all of my friends should stop getting married and asking me to be in their damn weddings - "Always a bride's maid never a bride." OR "Those who can not wed, plan!" I'm doomed.

4 Comments:

Blogger begins with v said...

hmmm, seems like you have yourself a proposition already...

7:14 PM  
Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

your just stressed about forgetting something on the job ... chill

1:42 AM  
Blogger :) said...

i had a terrible wedding coordinator :( but it was maui..and they were on hawaii time. in fact..the first one moved to calif. the seocnd one was fired and the third one was respectable. all same hotel. good thing my wedding came off beautifully.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

How exciting I have some new guests! Welcome.

Josh, that is crazy...makes you wonder about the management? Glad it all turned out o.k. I toss and turn every night before I have a wedding, it's the couple's big day and I always want everything to be perfect for them.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home