Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Two Fags & a Hag

This is the name of the reality home renovation show my roommates and I are going to start. If only we had video documentation of our renovation/demolition thus far, I definitely think Bravo would pick us up. For those of you that have forgotten or are new to this bizarre blog of mine, I live with my gay friend and his fiancé. The comedy began Sunday when we took possession of the house our first project was to disconnect the dishwasher so that the previous owner could pick it up; she bought it back from us for $125.00. So since I know nothing about appliances, in general ;), I was in charge of holding the dishwasher propped on its side while the boys figured out what we had to do and disconnect underneath. The first incident was that apparently you don’t just turn off the water to the kitchen; you have to turn off the water main to the house, oops! So water came shooting out into the kitchen, don’t worry I didn’t let go of the dishwasher, I held my post. Once we remedied that little faux pas it was time to cut the electric wires (or something, I have no idea). We were joking that at least the boys took out life insurance on Shane the week before and that if he died by electrocution it would pay double. Ha, Ha, POP - sparks! Damn it, apparently we needed to cut the power to the entire house, not just the kitchen. Shane is alive, but no longer has hair on his fingers or wrists. I am fine as well, just got a little jolt but not enough to drop the dishwasher – I am one hell of an assistant!

It’s strange because we now own a house and I don’t feel like we’re old enough to - we have no fucking clue what we are doing half the time. Upon discussing this matter over brunch we came up with our home show name, Two Fags & a Hag. I will keep you updated on upcoming episodes/disasters as they come about. Stay tuned!

9 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

That's funny, I saw something similar a couple of weeks ago that made me laugh.

1:40 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Hey wait a minute. I'm pitching a show with the same name. It's not home renovation, just me fishing discarded butts out of ashtrays. Gonna be big.

good post. have fun at the ceremony.

3:05 PM  
Blogger notasoccermom said...

I totally think you guys would get picked up. NO DOUBT!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that mitgagsta.blogspot.com used the word "recockulous" on her blog today. I thought you'd want to know.

7:07 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

with a title like that, you might get calls from show producers!

2:19 AM  
Blogger begins with v said...

this is hilarious! I would watch your show. I have a girlfriend who went to home depot with another gay friend of ours...she ended up carrying a bunch of heavy stuff out to the car while he carried her purse!! hehe

4:35 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Can I be the Key Grip on your show? I don't know what they do, but I always thought it looked cool on the credits.

6:34 PM  
Blogger AvR said...

I understand how crazy it is to be a young homeowner, believe me, it can be overwhelming. I must admit though, my share in the renovation is looking at sketches, acting very put-upon, and writing out the checks. I've had major, major renovations done in my home:

http://diasporasouth.blogspot.com/2005/07/more-about-my-homecontinuing-tour.html

Enjoy!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Miss Fabulous said...

Being a young homeowner is tough. When I first bought my condo, I became obsessed with everything from piping to power tools.

And I love your show idea. I'd tune in!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home